ODEO Flare LED Laser Flare Mark 3
Product Code: OSSAF0602
The Odeo Flare, (standing for Omni Directional Electrical Optical signal) is a safe, lightweight, high performance alternative to the traditional red pyrotechnic hand-held distress flare. It is similar in size to traditional flares, but instead of using dangerous explosives to burn, it uses battery powered Light Emitting Diodes (LED's)
Traditional flares will burn for around 30 seconds before extinguishing: the Odeo Flare 'burns' for around 6 hours at full illumination. The light output, which is clearly visible from both surface and air, has a minimum range of 3 miles.. Because no pyrotechnics are used, the Odeo Flare is totally safe when switched off, and because it uses battery power (high power lithium or Alkaline cells), it can even be safely posted or carried in baggage on flights.
Whilst originally designed for the challenging marine environment, its lightweight, safe performance means that it is incredibly useful for any outdoor activity. Mountaineering, skiing, expeditions... now any activity can benefit from the added safety and security of carrying a distress flare - without the unwanted dangers.
The Odeo Flare is designed with consideration to SOLAS requirements, making it a genuine alternative to the pyrotechnic red hand held flare. The Class 3R lasers used in the Odeo flare confirm to EN 6+0825-1 regulations and are not dangerous to the user, rescuer, helicopter pilot or SAR equipment.The US Coast Guard is now leading the world in developing standards for electronic Visual Distress Signals (eVDS) as a replacement for the hand held pyrotechnic flare. The Odeo Flare also outputs and SOS signal during its flash pattern as described in Annex 4 to COLREGS making it recognised internationally
- No heat, no flames, no explosives
- Projects over the full hemisphere (min range 3 miles)
- Visible from all directions simultaneously
- Electronic circuitry designed for optimum visibility
- Flash pattern includes internationally recognised SOS distress signal
- Multiple LED's; more power, visibility and redundancy
- Safe LED Technology; No pyrotechnics or flames
- Search and rescue aircraft safe
- 5000 hours mean time between failure
- 1 Odeo flare = 6 handheld flares
- Safe to carry in your backpack
- Made from salt-water resistant materials
- Over 6 hours of continuous use from one set of batteries
- Uses 3 x L91 lithium batteries (supplied) or 3 x AA alkaline batteries
We ship chandlery, clothing and marine equipment around the world and always endeavour to get your products to you as quickly and as cost-effectively as possible. We will dispatch your order as soon as possible, usually the day it is received for orders placed before 2PM. Our stock is controlled such that all items bought online are available in stock with our shop or supplier. If there is any delay due to a product being out of stock, or there is a longer lead time, for example, in the case of ‘Special Order’ items, or having a longer lead time for production, we will contact you, however, this will also be suggested at the checkout. In such cases, we will advise when the product will be delivered (or is available for collection if you have opted to collect from our store).
Standard UK Mainland 1 - 2 Working Days (Excluding Weekends & Bank Hollidays) - £5.95
Scotish Highlands & Islands 2 - 3 Working Days (Excluding Weekends & Bank Hollidays) - 4.45
Isle of Wight 2 - 3 Working Days (Excluding Weekends & Bank Holidays) - £9.45
Northern Ireland 2 - 3 Working Days (Excluding Weekends & Bank Holidays) - £14.95
Next Day Delivery (Please note that orders must be received by 1400hrs for next day delivery. In some instances, we may be able to dispatch later in the day for next day delivery but this cannot be guaranteed. - £9.45
Our policy is simple – you have up to 30 days to return your purchase if it’s not suitable or you’ve changed your mind. We want you to be completely happy with your purchase from Fox’s Chandlery, but if for any reason you need to return an item/s to us, you must notify us in writing within 14 days of delivery that you intend to return the item/s and return the item/s to us within 30 days of delivery and we’ll be happy to exchange for another item or make a refund by the same method used to pay for the order.
Return goods purchased in-store
Simply bring your order confirmation or delivery note and the item you wish to return or exchange, unused and in its original packaging, to our till point in the shop. If you paid by debit or credit card, please ensure you also bring the payment card you originally used to buy the item/s.
Return goods via Royal Mail or Courier
1. Download and print our returns form here.
2. Complete your reason(s) for return on the Returns Form included with your order.
3. Enclose the Returns Form with the product and package up securely.
4. Please use the original packaging if at all possible, but remove original postage labels.
5. Use the Returns label from the delivery note and always obtain proof of postage.
6. If you need your item/s to be collected because it's large or heavy please call our online team on +44 (0) 1473 694725.
If you need to add or remove items from your order, change the details of your delivery address or cancel the order completely, please contact our Online Team for advice on +44 (0) 1473 694725 between 0900 and 1730 Monday to Friday or email us. Please quote your order number and order date. If your order has already been dispatched or delivered, then you will need to follow our Returns procedure in the event of any unwanted products.