Garmin GPSMAP 8424 MFD 24” - World Base Map 010-01512-00
Product Code: GA010-01512-00
Take control of your helm with this premium 24-inch full HD IPS (in-plane switching) GPSMAP 8424 MFD featuring pinch-to-zoom touchscreen display control and highest resolution on the marine market with accurate colours from all viewing angles. The auto-dimming feature comes in handy in low light conditions while also being anti-glare and sunlight-readable during the day.
Take advantage of the new high-performance processor and improved video processing capabilities while you enjoy the fluidity of the fastest map drawing feature ever. Can support up to 4 IP camera streams along with Garmin Helm at the same time.
The one-touch control allows you to preset multiple helms as the user data can be synced for all networked 8400 Series MFD using the SmartMode Control. You can also see more than 5 different sonar sources individually on different monitors or create a pre-set to visualize all incorporated sonars on one screen - all this at the same time!
Backed by Garmin Marine Network and NMEA 2000 Network support, you can easily add more to your boat such as radar, autopilot, instruments, other screens, FUSION-Link entertainment system, sensors, remote sonar modules and more.
Choose the radar best suited for you. The GPSMAP multi function display 8424 is compatible with a wide range of array or dome radars available from Garmin.
Synchronize all data from compatible GPSMAP units within the network and share it including user data, radar, waypoints, routes and tracks. You can even share images from GARMIN VIRB action cameras, GC 10 Marine Cameras or FLIR cameras.
The position and heading are refreshed up to 10 times per second due to its built-in 10 Hz GPS and the movement on the screen will look much more fluid. Even more now dropping up 5000 accurate waypoints and finding the way back to them is much quicker and easier.
The SailAssist feature provides critical data and displays prerace guidance so that you can make informed decisions to stay ahead at all times. Laylines, enhanced wind rose, heading and course-over-ground lines, true wind data fields and tide/current/time slider are some of the features you will experience with this Garmin chartplotter. Gauge displays provide all the information you need at a glance, such as true and apparent wind angle, set and drift, true or apparent wind speed, horizontal or vertical graphs, data bar with customisable fields and more.
Using the QuickDraw Contours you can create your own HD Maps and plan your next fishing adventure. Easy to view and use the QuickDraw Contours is already installed on your Garmin and all the maps you create using the software are yours to keep or share it with the QuickDraw Community on Garmin Connect.
Garmin GPSMAP 8424 MFD Specifications:
- Physical dimensions: 60.0 x 41.0 x 7.1cm
- Display Size: 51.8 x 32.5cm
- Display resolution 1920 x 1200pixels
- Display Type: Touchscreen IPS display (with anti glare finish)
- Weight: 8.6kg
- Water Rating : IPX7
- Power Consumption: Max Power Usage at 10 Vdc: 87W; Typical Current Draw at 12 Vdc: 6.1A; Max Current Draw at 12 Vdc: 7.6A.
- Antenna: External Only
- Mounting options: Fush or Flat
- Receiver: 10 Hz high sensitivity
- Garmin Marine Network Ports: 4
- World Basemap Preloaded
- Accepts data cards: 2 SD Cards (with Garmin SD card reader accessory)
- 5000 Waypoints
- Routes: 100 (250 waypoints each)
- Track log: 50000 points; 50 saved tracks with 5.000 points each
- Tide tables
- Garmin Radar Compatible
- Garmin Sonar Compatible
- Garmin SmartMode compatible
- Supports AIS and DSC
- Compatible with FUSION-Link radios
- GSD and GCV Black Box Sonar Support
- ActiveCaptain and Garmin Helm Compatible
- GRID compatible
- Dual Frequency (50/200 kHz) Sonar Capable (with external black box sold separately)
- Dual Beam (77/200 kHz) Sonar Capable (with external black box sold separately)
- CHIRP Sonar Technology (with external black box sold separately)
- ClearVu compatible (with GCV black box sold separately)
- SideVu compatible (with GCV black box sold separately)
- NMEA 2000 compatible
- NMEA 0183 Input Ports x 4
- NMEA 0183 Output Ports x 2
- Video Input Ports - BNC Composite; 1 - HDMI (HDCP compliant)
- Video Output Ports 1 - HDMI
What's In The Box?
- GPSMAP 8424
- Trim piece snap covers
- GPS 19x NMEA 2000 (with pole mount, flush mount and under deck mount adapters)
- Protective cover
- Flush mount gasket and hardware
- Power cable
- NMEA 2000 2m backbone/drop cable
- NMEA 2000 6m backbone/drop cable
- NMEA 2000 power cable
- NMEA 2000 T-connector and terminator kit
- Manual case with documentation
Delivery & Returns
We ship chandlery, clothing and marine equipment around the world and always endeavour to get your products to you as quickly and as cost-effectively as possible. We will dispatch your order as soon as possible, usually the day it is received for orders placed before 2PM. Our stock is controlled such that all items bought online are available in stock with our shop or supplier. If there is any delay due to a product being out of stock, or there is a longer lead time, for example, in the case of ‘Special Order’ items, or having a longer lead time for production, we will contact you, however, this will also be suggested at the checkout. In such cases, we will advise when the product will be delivered (or is available for collection if you have opted to collect from our store).
Standard UK Mainland 1 - 2 Working Days (Excluding Weekends & Bank Hollidays) - £5.95
Scotish Highlands & Islands 2 - 3 Working Days (Excluding Weekends & Bank Hollidays) - 14.45
Isle of Wight 2 - 3 Working Days (Excluding Weekends & Bank Holidays) - £9.45
Northern Ireland 2 - 3 Working Days (Excluding Weekends & Bank Holidays) - £14.95
Next Day Delivery (Please note that orders must be received by 1400hrs for next day delivery. In some instances, we may be able to dispatch later in the day for next day delivery but this cannot be guaranteed. - £9.45
Our policy is simple – you have up to 30 days to return your purchase if it’s not suitable or you’ve changed your mind. We want you to be completely happy with your purchase from Fox’s Chandlery, but if for any reason you need to return an item/s to us, you must notify us in writing within 14 days of delivery that you intend to return the item/s and return the item/s to us within 30 days of delivery and we’ll be happy to exchange for another item or make a refund by the same method used to pay for the order.
Return goods purchased in-store
Simply bring your order confirmation or delivery note and the item you wish to return or exchange, unused and in its original packaging, to our till point in the shop. If you paid by debit or credit card, please ensure you also bring the payment card you originally used to buy the item/s.
Return goods via Royal Mail or Courier
1. Download and print our returns form here.
2. Complete your reason(s) for return on the Returns Form included with your order.
3. Enclose the Returns Form with the product and package up securely.
4. Please use the original packaging if at all possible, but remove original postage labels.
5. Use the Returns label from the delivery note and always obtain proof of postage.
6. If you need your item/s to be collected because it's large or heavy please call our online team on +44 (0) 1473 694725.
If you need to add or remove items from your order, change the details of your delivery address or cancel the order completely, please contact our Online Team for advice on +44 (0) 1473 694725 between 0900 and 1730 Monday to Friday or email us. Please quote your order number and order date. If your order has already been dispatched or delivered, then you will need to follow our Returns procedure in the event of any unwanted products.